This information only applies if you're using NS8 on Shopify or BigCommerce. For all other platforms, intercept settings are handled automatically.
To make sure that your order processing workflow functions correctly in NS8 configure the order intercept settings. Your configuration may vary depending on your needs. If you do not configure order intercept correctly, you'll experience issues with processing orders.
Order intercept lets us intercept the payment authorization and capture process from your ecommerce platform. You can decide where we'll exist in the payment workflow. This determines how we interact with your store's payment capture settings and when we review orders as they're processed.
Depending on your configuration, orders that we approve automatically go to the next stage of order processing.
Before you configure your order intercept, it's important to understand the process terminology.
- Authorization: A customer's form of payment is approved for a purchase, usually by a bank or other payment issuer. The customer's money may not immediately be taken out of their account, but the funds necessary for the purchase have been approved and will be transferred upon capture. Typically, authorization occurs automatically at the time of purchase.
- Capture: The authorized funds change hands from the customer (or the customer's bank) to you. Depending on the time it takes to authorize funds and the way your store is configured, capture may not happen immediately upon purchase. Customers do not have to re-enter their payment information for their payment to be captured.
- Fulfillment: You approve the order and send any purchased items to the customer. Typically, you don't fulfill orders until payment is captured. After the order is filled, the customer will receive their purchased items and the transaction is complete.
Configure your settings
- Intercept between Payment Authorization and Payment Capture: After an order is submitted and payment authorized, we hold the order for review. After we approve the order, payment is captured automatically and the order continues to fulfillment. For this option to function correctly, set Shopify's payment authorization to Manually capture payment for orders.
- Intercept between Payment Capture and Order Fulfillment: After an order is submitted and payment captured, we hold the order for review. After we approve the order, it continues to fulfillment. For this option to function correctly, set Shopify's payment authorization to Automatically capture payment for orders. Make sure that Shopify's order processing is not set to Automatically fulfill the order's line items.
- Manual Mode: We score users and orders. Continue to capture and fulfill orders manually in Shopify.
Note: After we approve the order, Shopify will not automatically capture payment and complete fulfillment.
- Intercept between Payment Capture and Order Fulfillment: After an order is submitted and payment has been captured, we hold the order for review and change its BigCommerce order status to Manual Verification Required. After we approve the order, its BigCommerce order status changes Awaiting Fulfillment. When you cancel an order in NS8, its BigCommerce order status changes to Canceled. For authorized transactions, refunds are processed automatically.
Note: We recommend that you confirm that refunds are processed as expected.
- Manual Mode: We will score users and orders, but we won't insert ourselves into the BigCommerce order processing workflow or affect the BigCommerce order status of orders approved in NS8. When you cancel an order in NS8 Protect, its status in BigCommerce order status changed to Canceled and the order should be refunded automatically.
Updated about 1 year ago