Shopify Flow is an eCommerce automation platform that easily automates tasks so you and your team can focus on expanding your business. It allows you to increase your operational efficiency and ability to experiment with new business opportunities by offloading repetitive, time-consuming tasks.
Shopify Flow's visual workflow builder can automate business processes in just a few clicks. Flow offers many powerful automations to accelerate your business outcomes.
You can find Shopify Flow in the Shopify App Store here:
Note: Shopify Flow is only available to Shopify Plus customers.
Triggers are events that will notify Shopify Flow to execute the sequence you programmed.
NS8 Protect has the following triggers available:
This will trigger when an order has been created and scored with conditions available for:
- Customer Email: An order has an email address identifying a particular customer, and either contains/doesn't contain specific character strings. For example, the email address ends with or contains "outlook.com."
- Fraud Recommendation: This trigger is based on the NS8 Status field with values equaling: "Accept," "Approved," "Investigate," "Cancel," and "Cancelled."
- Fraud Score: This trigger is based on the order's EQ8 Score.
- Order Number: The order matches a specific order number or contains/doesn't contain specific character strings. For example, the order number contains the characters "UK" or equals #013007.
This will trigger when an order was rejected by the customer using NS8's SMS Verification process. Available conditions are:
- Order Number: The order matches a specific order number or contains/doesn't contain specific character strings. For example, the order number contains the characters UK or equals #013007.
Trigger: An event that starts the workflow.
Condition: Criteria that determine if and how a workflow should run.
Action: The outcome of the workflow.
You can read Shopify's documentation on creating workflows for further information.
The examples below will demonstrate just some of the workflows that you can build using NS8 triggers.
This workflow sends a notification email when an order is received with an EQ8 Score of less than 500. This workflow only takes action when the condition is met, and action could be added to the "No" branch of the flow as well, if desired. In this case, notifications of high-scoring orders would probably not be useful.
This rule is pretty simple and straightforward. Next, let's examine a more complex workflow.
This example workflow has multiple conditions and actions as follows:
The first step determines that the order is not quarantined by NS8 Protect with a status of "Cancel" or "Investigate." If the order meets either of these statuses, an HTTP Request is sent to the order processing system to place the order on hold.
The second step identifies a VIP customer by their email address and sends a Slack message to a team member to handle this order as a priority.
The final step checks the order's fraud score, and either sends an HTTP Request to place the order on hold in the case of a low score, or sends an email to order processing if the score was above the threshold.
When you save a workflow or use the Shopify Flow preview feature, a summary is available that helps checking that your workflow will work as designed. Below is the preview for the above workflow.
If you have questions or encounter issues in setting up a flow with an NS8 trigger, please contact us using the chat icon below.