The Order Review screen is the main location where you can review an order that has been quarantined as potential fraud. The elements of this screen help you determine if an order is ready to be fulfilled, needs to be canceled, or requires further investigation.
For customers using Magento, please refer to this article addressing the configuration specific to that platform.
The elements displayed in the header of the screen will display basic order information and allow you to take the appropriate action once your analysis is complete.
- NS8 Recommendation: This is our recommendation based on the initial fraud analysis or the results of a status change to the order. The NS8 Recommendation will match the NS8 Status field value.
- Order Actions: These are the actions you can take after reviewing the order.
- Order Number: This is the data identifying the order, passed to NS8 by your website.
This section contains detailed information about the risks associated with the order, customer information, and user navigation.
- Risk Information: This section will display the information used by NS8 to determine the fraud risk of an order and the reasons for that decision. Important items to note in this section are:
- EQ8 Score - The score assigned to the order, calculated using the information gathered during the customer's site visit. This score will not change if an order is accepted or if risk factors are mitigated by verification.
- Letter Grade: The letter grade assigned to the transaction, with A as the highest and F as the lowest. Next to this score is a description of the letter grade and the status of any action being taken on the order.
- Primary User Issue: The highest-ranked risk factor for an order which is determined to be at risk of fraud.
- Payment Issues: If any issues are found with the payment, they will be described here and reflected in the Payment Risk Score field.
- Locations: This section shows information about the billing address, shipping address, and device location for the order. This information can be used to determine if the order is at risk due to issues with the billing or shipping address of an order, as well as the user's location while placing the order.
- Navigation: This section reveals the session data of the user placing the order. Sessions are measured from the time a user enters your site until they leave, or after 30 minutes of inactivity occurs. A user that does not follow a logical progression of site navigation or places an order in an especially short amount of time may be a bot.
- Account Info - This section will show the details of the user's account with your website.
- Session Details - This section will show the details of the session such as how a user was referred to your site and what technology they used to view your site. Click on any of the details (e.g., Platform, Language, I.P. Address) for additional information about orders that meet those criteria.
- Identity Check - This section is for Shopify customers only, at this time. It will use the White Pages Pro service that verifies a customer's identity, billing, and shipping information. (This feature is expected to be available to all customers in the near future)