If you're alerted about the validity of your security certificate, verify the following information:
- The certificate is accessible.
- The certificate is the same as the domain name.
- The certificate is current (not expired) and valid.
- The issuer has not revoked the certificate.
- The certificate provider or cypher is not deprecated.
For certificate issues that you cannot resolve, contact your website hosting company for more help.
This monitor uses the most reputable blocklists to see if your domain is listed. We check blocklists if the listing services receive a certain amount of complaints. Website domains are blocked if they appear on emails that are considered spam.
However, you do not have to be involved in spam to appear on a blocklist. Domains are listed based on algorithms that can trap non-spammers unknowingly. If you are on a blocklist, most of your emails will no longer be delivered.
We monitor the following metrics for issues:
- DNS Time: The average amount of time DNS resolution takes.
- Response Time: The average amount of time the webserver takes to respond to the user.
- Interactive Time: The average amount of time in milliseconds before the page becomes active.
There’s sophisticated reporting available on performance issues that can be segmented by:
- Time of day
- Other attributes
To determine if you need extra capacity, compare traffic levels to performance issues.
This monitor checks to see if Google Safe Browsing has flagged your site for hosting malware or being a phishing site.
Google provides this service to warn users that the site is unsafe. Security systems also use Google Safe Browsing to keep users from browsing listed sites.
If you're listed, your site has been compromised or infected with malware.
This monitor uses our global network of monitoring stations to make sure that your website is available and responsive from around the world. The website monitor continuously checks your site for the following issues:
- If the site is up or down
- If the site loads within a time that you set
- If DNS is responding
- If the content on the site is what you expect (see the match phrase item)
- How long it takes to resolve DNS, connect to the site, and download its HTML
- For secure sites, whether the certificate and the domain are the same
- For secure sites, whether the certificate is valid
- If the URL redirects, that the target exists
Updated 11 months ago