Most of the changes made to the Settings screen were in line with trying to make it easier to setup NS8 Protect, with more detailed explanations for each setting to help merchants with their configuration.
Other settings were changed in line with ensuring consistency across NS8 Protect. For instance, SMS Verification (now Customer Verification) is enabled via Order Rules, and the sliders now work in accordance with the changes to the NS8 Risk.
- added: Additional workflow options so you can choose whether NS8 operates between Payment Authorization & Capture, between Capture & Fulfillment, or has no impact on order processing. This allows for greater flexibility when working alongside 3rd party apps and different platforms.
- added: More tooltips to explain key sections and assist product ease-of-use.
- added: Notches to both sliders to allow for easier adjustment and return to defaults.
- improved: Layout to enhance visibility of key information and add new explanations to the Settings screen.
- improved: “Valid vs. Suspicious Users” slider changed to “Valid vs. Suspicious Sessions.” The chosen threshold for this slider determines whether a session is flagged as "Suspicious = True/False" when you add the "Suspicious" column to the Suspicious Sessions/Suspicious Orders screen.
- improved: “Flag Suspicious Orders” slider changed to “Assign Order Risk.” This allows the merchant to adjust what NS8 Risk is assigned to an order based upon its respective EQ8 score.
- fixed: (Shopify Change) Removed “Include Shopify’s Order Risk” to reduce score confusion between NS8/Shopify and unify functionality of NS8 Protect across different platforms.
- fixed: The toggle for SMS Verification for Suspicious Orders. Automatic Customer Verification requests are now handled via Order Rules (below) by triggering a check when a certain score (or other condition) is met.